Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church, Tippecanoe County
- Sunday Forum 9 am; Sunday Service and Religious Exploration Classes 10:30 am.
- Nursery and childcare available.
- We will post the pdf of the newsletter here when it is available.
Sunday October 19
- FORUM, 9 AM Tom Hertel will discuss “The Economics of Climate Change.” Forum is co-chaired by Jim Anderson, Tom McConville and Bill Welge. More information here.
- SERVICE, 10:30 AM Worship Leader Dianna Poindexter presents “Diwali.” The 3rd source that our living tradition draws from is “wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life.” This Sunday we will celebrate the meaningful and colorful Hindu holiday of Diwali. Sound: Gary Fowler. Pulpit Preparation: Robin Poindexter. Fellowship Team Leader: Susanne McConville.
Sunday, October 26
- FORUM: 9 am: The Future of Food: Specialty Agriculture in Indiana Agriculture in Indiana is quickly changing. According to the Indiana Agricultural Statistic Service, the number of Indiana farms has decreased by 10 percent in the last five years, but the number of small farmers (10 to 49 acres) in Indiana have increased steadily. Indiana has 44,990 smallfarms, and these small farms account for approximately 75 percent of total farms in Indiana. Sherri Dugger dedicates her days to writing, reporting and editing stories about the people in Hoosier fields who are working to change our current food system in Indiana. She will discuss current data regarding organic and sustainable farming, as well as the local players, businesses and organizations who are bringing about change in how and what
we eat. More information here.
- SERVICE: 10:30 am. No additional information yet.