Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church, Tippecanoe County
- Sunday Forum 9 am; Sunday Service and Religious Exploration Classes 10:30 am.
- Nursery and childcare available.
- Read or print this bulletin as a pdf. Some additional information is posted here, including the monthly calendar of events at the church.
Sunday December 21
- FORUM, 9 AM Margy Deverall presents “Small Spaces,” a public art installation project that seeks to integrate street art into communities by focusing on small, neglected spaces.
- SERVICE, 10:30 AM Religious Exploration Children’s Pageant today! “Holidays A-Z.” Rev. Daniel Charles Davis, worship leader; Nicole Rice, DRE, Worship Associate. Pianist, Sarah May. Sound, Gary Fowler. Pulpit Preparation, Nina Kirkpatrick. Fellowship Team Leader: Julia Colby.
Wednesday December 24: Christmas Eve Service, 6:00 p.m., Sanctuary
Please join us as the Reverend Daniel Charles Davis presents “The Angel Said, ‘Fear Not’,” &“The Holiness of Darkness.” This evening of song will feature music from Michael Lewis and Denise Wilson of Traveler’s Dream, and Richard Maddux, pianist. Tonight’s offering will support the Minister’s Discretionary Fund which provides confidential assistance to members of our community that are in need.
Sunday December 28
- FORUM, 9 AM Topic to be arranged. Forum is co -chaired by Jim Anderson, Tom McConville and Bill Welge.
- SERVICE, 10:30 AM Eric Thiel presents “Endings.” The Universe is so immense in space and time that to our consciousness it appears infinite; even the age of the Earth is almost beyond our comprehension. Mountains and rocks seem unchanging, trees live for hundreds of years. But there are always beginnings, and endings. Worship Associate, Michael Lewis. Sound, Gary Mueller . Pulpit Preparation, Nina Kirkpatrick. Fellowship Team tba.
Child and youth religious exploration
Last Sunday, the RE classes continued rehearsals for the holiday program, “Winter Holiday Traditions from A-Z.” Rehearsals will also be held on Sunday, December 21st at 9:00am in the sanctuary. Please let me know if you need a copy of the roles, costume ideas, song lyrics, and/or cd of the songs. The students have been working really hard and I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at the program.
RE Class Information and Guide Schedule
- RE Guide Schedule for December 21st: Practice starts at 9am in the sanctuary. I could use as many guides to help with rehearsal and costumes. Guides available: Neil, Wendy, Beth H., Andrea, Kim
- RE Guide Schedule for December 28th and January 4th: There will be no RE classes on these dates.
- My e-mail address has changed to email@example.com.
- We are in need of RE guides, shadows, subs, workshop teachers, and other volunteers. Please let me know if you are interested. There is a sign up sheet in the fellowship hall on the RE bulletin board.
- I update the RE website weekly at http://regluu.wordpress.com/. Check it out and give me your feedback.
- Materials Needed (can be dropped off in DRE office): Santa hats, small garden gnome, fake beard, bells, straw basket of fruit (can be fake fruit), straw mat, ear of corn, handmade book or gift, Unity cup.
- The OWL program will be starting up in January for 7th-9th grades. Please let me know if you’d like more information.
- December 21 (holiday program)
- January 15 (Puccini’s Night fundraiser) More information to follow.
January 25 (January birthday celebration in the fellowship hall following service.)
-- Nicole Rice, Director of Religious Exploration