- Sunday Forum 9 am; Sunday Service and Religious Exploration Classes 10:30 am.
- Nursery and childcare available.
- Read or print this bulletin as a pdf. Some additional information is posted here, including the monthly calendar of events at the church.
Sunday January 11
- FORUM, 9 AM Kris Taylor discusses her recently published book, “The Leader’s Guide to Turbulent Times.” Forum is co-chaired by Jim Anderson, Tom McConville and Bill Welge.
- SERVICE, 10:30 AM Rev. Daniel Charles Davis presents “Epiphany.” This celebrates the arrival of the Magi at the manger. They followed the light of the star and saw the light of the world. Epiphany also has come to mean whenever a brilliant idea flashes in our mind. Often at New Year’s, we make resolutions about what we are going to give up. This year let us imagine we are Magi. What light will we follow? What gifts do we bring? What do we hope to discover? Worship Associate, Michael Lewis. Pianist, Sarah May. Sound, Carl Seese. Pulpit Preparation, Nina Kirkpatrick. Fellowship Team Leader: Mark VanMeeter.
Sunday January 18
- FORUM,9AM Topictobearranged.Forumisco -chaired by Jim Anderson, Tom McConville and Bill Welge.
- SERVICE,10:30AM WorshipLeaderRev.Daniel Charles Davis presents “King Wieman and Tillich.” For his PhD dissertation, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., compared Unitarian Henry Nelson Wieman with German theologian Paul Tillich. Wieman defined God as creativity; Tillich defines God as Being itself. King believed both of these concepts were too impersonal to have a religious experience based on relationship. Worship Associate, Bill Welge. Sound, Jason Dufair. Pulpit Preparation, Nina Kirkpatrick. Fellowship Team, Barny Dunning & Beth Misner.
Child and Youth Religious Exploration
The RE classes did a wonderful job performing songs and readings at the holiday program. Last Sunday, Sherry helped us kick off the new year with an all ages service focusing on shining your light. Next Sunday, we’ll be exploring the topic of Epiphany and drawing a link between resolutions for the new year and epiphanies (brilliant ideas we may have).
RE Class Information and Guide Schedule
- RE Guide Schedule for January 11th: Sarah, Sherry, Wendy, Neil, Julie, Mark
- RE Guide Schedule for January 18th: Sarah, Sherry, Josh, Mark
- My e-mail address has changed to email@example.com.
- We are in need of RE guides, shadows, subs, workshop teachers, and other volunteers. Please let me know if you are interested. There is a sign up sheet in the fellowship hall on the RE bulletin board.
- I update the RE website weekly at http://regluu.wordpress.com/. Check it out and give me your feedback.
- Materials Needed (can be dropped off in DRE office): clean and empty pizza boxes, wall clock
- The OWL orientation session and pizza dinner is Sunday, January 11th from 5:00-7:00. Please let me know if you’d like to register your child.
- January 15 (Puccini’s Night fundraiser) All you have to do is bring in a flyer and the church will receive 20% of the profits for your meal purchase. You can dine in or carry out. There are copies of the flyer in the fellowship hall and the DRE office. Hope to see you there!!!
- January 25 (January birthday celebration in the fellowship hall following service.)
Changes to the Payless/Kroger card to support the church
Payless (Kroger) has changed their fundraising program and our church will no longer receive 3% of new amounts loaded onto the Payless / Kroger gift cards. More information on the new Payless fundraiser will be forthcoming.