I am originally from Memphis,TN and received my undergraduate degree in early childhood education from University of Memphis and my graduate degree in education from Union University. I have been teaching for the past twelve years and am looking forward to this new challenge.
Here are some fun facts about me and the people and things I love:
- I have been married for just over a year to a man of many talents, Adam Rice. He has played percussion with two local groups, Circafrique and Zimdiana and sometimes teaches drumming workshops at the UU.
- I taught at New Community School for seven years. That's where I met my husband, who is the P.E. teacher.
- I have a younger brother, Max, who lives in Memphis and paints houses with my dad.
- My mom is a special education teacher and loves creating yard art.
- My husband and I just adopted a dog named Gator. He loves walks and napping. I also have a fish named Max (not to be confused with my brother) who loves reggae music.
- I am inspired by art, music, nature, camping, yoga, meditation, hiking, reading, conversation, and learning new things. I try to incorporate these things into my daily life as much as possible.
- I try to read at least one book per week and really enjoy a good mystery.
- I have a collection of over 300 horror movies (most of them VHS).
- My husband and I recently purchased our first home and love decorating it with a vintage flair and friend-made art.
I am thrilled to be a part of such an open and welcoming community. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions, concerns, comments, and ideas that you may have (email@example.com) or just stop by my office.